Survey on Advertising in telecom industry

Friday, June 16, 2006

My beginning(inspired from true life :))

I used to be this kid with a bad handwriting, fairly okay grades and a best friend in standard 1. We were in Zakhama, a field station in the east, and dad being a doc in the army, we had an ambulance for a school bus. Abhishek bhayya, my neighbor, was in 10th grade and awfully fond of pulling my leg in the ambulance rides to school and back. He would often call me names like grumpy nut cracker (from a cartoon show about squirrels), jolly molly (jolly is a game and molly was his rabbits name) and baby elephant because the other girl with me, Pawani, my so called best friend, was totally malnourished.
So one day finally, to vent out all my frustration I wrote a poem and handed it to my grade class teacher, who also happened to be his mum. It went as follows…

His name is Abhishek
Stupid names he makes
In 10th class he is
Still eats my Tiffin’s chocolate cakes

He lives in Zakhama
And all the time he does drama
Looks like a joker
In his dinosaur pajamas

After that day, without fail, he would hum this on our way back from school. Far from getting on his nerves, it actually seemed to be tickling him n this would infuriate me no hell. So I came up with better verses subsequently, and got better with time. The rest is history. Now mostly, my hate poems are not inspired, but anyone who has a tendency to pull my leg…beware. I can do negative print publicity as I have done earlier. Grin.

4 comments:

kapeesh saraf said...

oops....I'm scared now...

shruti said...

Am I glad you are.
That was the intention of this post...grin

Anonymous said...

hehe... nice you don know my mom :))

shruti said...

grin. but you hardly ever say anything to pull my leg. though yes, still thankgod, i dont know your mum. just in case... [:D]